National Ranking points for 2017/18 season:
▪ National Ranking are based on a 12-month rolling ranking system
▪ Qualifying events are the Irish Junior Nationals and the 4 provincial opens (U19’s are based on 3 qualifying events).
▪ A player’s total points accumulated in the preceding 12 months from their best 4 events (in one age category) and then averaged is used to calculate their ranking for that age group in under 11, 13, 15 and 17 events.
▪ Note the average of a player’s best 3 results is used for under 19 rankings.
▪ On moving to an older age category following a birthday, a player will carry 40% of the value of their ranking points in the lower age group ‘up’ with them; these points are then preferentially replaced by points gained at the new age group with each subsequent event played in.
The points to be earned in this season’s junior tournaments are shown in the table below.
- No points are awarded where a draw has only 2 or 3 players (round robin format/combining age groups should ensure this does not occur)
- Ranking points are updated within 2 weeks after each tournament.