Ulster Junior Selection Criteria 2017/18
The aim of Ulster Squash is to field the strongest possible team at the Junior Interprovincial Tournament. The Junior Performance Director and team coaches are responsible for junior team selection.
Any junior players wishing to represent Ulster at the Junior Interprovincial Tournament in the 2017/18 season will need to meet the following criteria:
- Must hold a British/Irish passport and either;
- Must have been born in the province of Ulster or
- Must have lived within the province of Ulster for a minimum of 2 years within the last 5 years prior to selection; and
- Must have played in the Ulster Junior Open and Ulster Junior Closed in the 2017/18 season (it is expected that players should play in their relevant age category in the Closed but may choose to ‘play up’ in age category at the Open); and
- Must have participated in Ulster Junior training sessions (if invited) throughout the 2017/18 season.
Any player who is unable to meet the criteria specified at 2 or 3 above but who still wishes to be considered for a place on an Ulster Interpro team will need to provide reasoning to the Junior Performance Director via firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as practicable but no later than 12 noon on 22 January 2018. Waiver of criterion 2 and 3 will be at the discretion of the Junior Performance Director and team coaches only and in line with aim of Ulster Squash.